Carrot Spice Cake Recipe
I've found that no one can resist sampling a generous slice of this spice cake. Grated carrots add color, texture and nutrition.—Karen Brodeen, Cook, Minnesota
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar, corn syrup, milk and egg whites. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter. Beat well. Pat carrots dry with paper towels; stir into the batter.
- 2. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and floured. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 186 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Spice Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC