Carrot Spice Cake Recipe
I've found that no one can resist sampling a generous slice of this spice cake. Grated carrots add color, texture and nutrition.—Karen Brodeen, Cook, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar, corn syrup, milk and egg whites. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter. Beat well. Pat carrots dry with paper towels; stir into the batter.
- 2. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and floured. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving equals 186 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC