I've found that no one can resist sampling a generous slice of this spice cake. Grated carrots add color, texture and nutrition.—Karen Brodeen, Cook, Minnesota
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, corn syrup, milk and egg whites. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter. Beat well. Pat carrots dry with paper towels; stir into the batter.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and floured. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Spice Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p36
Reviews for Carrot Spice Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2010
"Good flavor to the cake and I will make it again."