Carrot-Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, sour cream and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in the carrots, pineapple, coconut, pecans and raisins just until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, ice cream topping and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Carrot-Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting(38)
Sort By :
This is requested by my sister every Easter! Wonderful cake and easy to make.
Best carrot cake I have ever had/made. I have made it on special occasions. It seems like too much work to make it often.
This is a good cake, but it is very high in calories. Very moist and yummy.
Best carrot cake I've ever made. Love the frosting (and the calories : ) )
Five stars all the way! This will be my carrot cake recipe from here on out. The frosting is THE BEST cream cheese icing I've ever tasted.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Caramel Cake >
- Carrot Cake >
- Carrot Cake Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >