- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, sour cream and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in the carrots, pineapple, coconut, pecans and raisins just until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, ice cream topping and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Carrot-Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting
Sort By :
This cake is really good, so good my husband (who never gives many opinions about food), has gotten seconds every night! He said last night, "I just have to make sure it is still good"! LOL. I did make this a little differently. I used Pillsbury Sugar-free yellow cake and added cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice to it. Used Sugar-free vanilla pudding, low fat sour cream, and 2 1/2 cups splenda powdered sugar (3/4 cup splenda with 2 T. cornstarch) and 3 1/2 cups sugar, along with sugar-free carmamel topping. The icing was too soft, but tastes delicious - we just scrape it off the sides and onto the cake slices. Didn't add the raisins or coconut, as we don't care for those. It was still very, very good, but a heavy cake.
This is requested by my sister every Easter! Wonderful cake and easy to make.
Best carrot cake I have ever had/made. I have made it on special occasions. It seems like too much work to make it often.
This is a good cake, but it is very high in calories. Very moist and yummy.
Best carrot cake I've ever made. Love the frosting (and the calories : ) )