- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, corn syrup, milk and egg whites. Combine dry ingredients; add to batter. Beat well. Pat carrots dry with paper towels; stir into the batter.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and floured. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Spice Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p36
Reviews for Carrot Spice Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2010
Good flavor to the cake and I will make it again.