Carrot Soup with Orange & Tarragon Recipe
A pretty orange color, delicious hint of citrus and garden-fresh flavor make this soup a requested dish at my many celebrations. Try sprinkling individual bowls with fresh tarragon before serving.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 tarragon sprigs
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in butter for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until carrots are very tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan; stir in the orange juice, brandy and minced tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with tarragon sprigs before serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 117 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Carrot Soup with Orange & Tarragon
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC