Carrot Souffle Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. In a bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk. Lightly beat egg yolks; add to crumbs with carrots, celery, parsley, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well. In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into carrot mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 84 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Carrot Souffle
"Eating healthy is really important to us, and this dish definitely tastes and is healthy."