Carrot Souffle Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. In a bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk. Lightly beat egg yolks; add to crumbs with carrots, celery, parsley, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well. In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into carrot mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 84 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Souffle
"Eating healthy is really important to us, and this dish definitely tastes and is healthy."