Carrot Souffle Recipe
This recipe is rooted in my backyard garden. It's an excellent way to dress up veggies. My six grandchildren are happy to eat their carrots when they're dished up like this.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. In a bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk. Lightly beat egg yolks; add to crumbs with carrots, celery, parsley, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well. In a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into carrot mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 84 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC