Carrot Sheet Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs, oil and sugar until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and beat well. Stir in carrots and walnuts. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For frosting, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl until smooth; beat in sugar. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 24-30 servings.
1 piece: 311 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Carrot Sheet Cake
"I made this for a birthday cake at work and everyone loved it! Said it was the best carrot cake in the tri-county area!!! Now, that seems like a good compliment to me. Loved the frosting, the cake with all the walnuts, everything about it. Now, next time I may freeze some, as one reviewer said it tastes as good as the fresh!"
"This is the most delicious sheet cake I have EVER made!!!! I would rate it 10 stars if I could! Made it for the family yesterday and I have a warning for you....If you are a lover of carrot cake and don't want the extra calories, you had better not even make it!! You can't stay out of it!!! OMG, this cake was fabulous! The only change I made is, I baked it for 25 minutes rather than the 35 recommended. I bake my chocolate sheet cake for 20 minutes and I did this one about 5 minutes longer. The cream cheese frosting is to die for! The cake is moist and the frosting on top just seals the deal for me. You will not be disappointed in this delicious cake, I PROMISE!"
"I made this for a family birthday party with 15+ guests and it was delicious! I will definitely make it again."
"Very tasty & moist. I took it to work and everyone raved about it. Everyone said it was the best carrot cake they have tasted. I am taking the recipe into work tomorrow. I baked the bake in a 4 quart large baking dish. I added 1/2 cup coconut also. Yumm-o!"
"Easy and delicious. I also froze half of it for about a month, and when we ate the frozen cake it was as delicious as the fresh!"
"excellent, took it to work and it was gone by mid-afternoon"