Creamy and crunchy, this refreshing salad can be served alone on the side or with rice. Raisins add a nice touch of sweetness. —Jemima Madhavan, Lincoln, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cilantro leaves and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with cilantro and pepper if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.