Carrot Ring Recipe
Carrots become everyone's favorite when they're baked in this slightly sweet, lighter-than-air ring. Our holiday meal wouldn't be complete without it.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Fill the center with peas. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC