Carrot Ring Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Fill the center with peas. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 108 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Carrot Ring
"Made this for Thanksgiving, it got rave reviews from everyone! I used egg beaters instead of whole eggs, and fat free half and half to make it a little healthier. I also used two bags of frozen peas with pearl onions, Yum!"