Carrots become everyone's favorite when they're baked in this slightly sweet, lighter-than-air ring. Our holiday meal wouldn't be complete without it.
Recommended: 35 Impressive (and Affordable!) Dinner Party Recipes
- 2 pounds carrots, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Fill the center with peas. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Ring in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p28
Reviews for Carrot Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"Made this for Thanksgiving, it got rave reviews from everyone! I used egg beaters instead of whole eggs, and fat free half and half to make it a little healthier. I also used two bags of frozen peas with pearl onions, Yum!"