Carrots become everyone's favorite when they're baked in this slightly sweet, lighter-than-air ring. Our holiday meal wouldn't be complete without it.
- 2 pounds carrots, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into a well-greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Fill the center with peas. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Ring in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p28
Reviews for Carrot Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"Made this for thanksgiving, it got rave reviews from everyone! I used egg beaters instead of whole eggs, and fat free half and half to make it a little healthier. I also used two bags of frozen peas with pearl onions, Yum!"