Carrot Raisin Salad
IF YOU like carrots, here's a great recipe. It's easy to prepare and healthy. My mother made it every holiday, using either regular or golden raisins.
This was one of the first recipes I tried on my husband when we were newlyweds. He was skeptical because he didn't like raisins, but now this is one of his favorite salads.
-Marlene Reilly, Nescopeck, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash ground cinnamon, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine the carrots, raisins, yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and cinnamon
- if desired in a small bowl. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 257 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.