Carrot Raisin Pilaf Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the water, carrots, rice, raisins, bouillon, curry powder, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with almonds before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 243 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.