- 1/3 cup port wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- In a small saucepan, heat wine until hot. In a small bowl, soak raisins in wine for 5 minutes. Drain raisins, reserving wine.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Stir in couscous. Cook and stir until lightly browned. Stir in the broth, raisins and half of the salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- In a small skillet, saute carrots in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Combine the sugar, molasses, reserved wine and the remaining salt and pepper. Stir into carrots; heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous mixture and carrots; toss to combine. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Raisin Couscous
"MULLENPM: The 3/4 CUP PER SERVING count is 188 calories, and 32 grams carbohydrate -- eg 3 CARB servings -- NO DIVIDING BY 10 -- it's already been done!"
"how many cups is 10 ounces"
"Good but not great. Lived in Morocco and know really good couscous.However, really getting tired of nitpicking with calorie and diabetic exchange counts.Make or don't make but please review first and take in to account this is not a dietary site. It is a recipe exchange!"
"like this reciepe but explain me what is chicken broth,"
"I have not yet made this recipe but I am a nurse an, mullepm, when you divide the carbs into 10 sevings, that 143 calories and 37 carbs turn into 14.3 calories and 3.7 carbs worth of content per serving of raisins and a teaspoon of molasses plus a tablespoon of sugar comes to very little of either when divided by 10. I am assuming you did not intend to eat this entire recipe alone."