Carrot Raisin Cake Recipe
A creamy frosting with a touch of vanilla and orange juice tops this deliciously moist cake. The room quiets down whenever this scrumptious dessert is presented. —Ann Marie Vachon, London, Ontario
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Toss raisins with 2 tablespoons flour; set aside. In a large, beat the brown sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In another large bowl, combine the baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and remaining flour; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots and reserved raisins.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 516 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Raisin Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC