Carrot Raisin Bread Recipe
"Grated carrot adds color and interest to this wheat bread that's good when spread with butter and served with a hearty soup," writes Dolores Tommer of Frankfort, Kansas. "Raisins and nuts give extra flavor and texture."
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (you machine may audibly signal this), add walnuts and raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC