"Grated carrot adds color and interest to this wheat bread that's good when spread with butter and served with a hearty soup," writes Dolores Tommer of Frankfort, Kansas. "Raisins and nuts give extra flavor and texture."
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (you machine may audibly signal this), add walnuts and raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Originally published as Carrot Raisin Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p34
Reviews for Carrot Raisin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review