Carrot Radish Salad Recipe
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 7 radishes, sliced and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the carrots, radishes and raisins.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vinaigrette ingredients; shake well.
- 3. Drizzle over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 124 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.