- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 7 radishes, sliced and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the carrots, radishes and raisins.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vinaigrette ingredients; shake well.
- Drizzle over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Radish Salad
Sort By :
As written it is inedible. I should have realized that this was not going to please our taste buds. My husband took one bite and said "this tastes like someone from the Midwest made this who hates seasoning." No kidding. After MAJOR modifications -- 2 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp Sriracha, and half a cup of chopped cilantro, it was edible. Note -- I had doubled the recipe (for a Memorial Day block party), so if you use my modifications, please take this into account.
I have tried it with Beets. It works. I turns everything reddish purple. It makes this dish a little less sweet but good nonetheless.
This gets better and better as it sits in the refigerator. I brought this to a party and it was a big hit. I usually eat it for 3 days. It is at its best on the third day. I am going to try adding beets into the mix next time. It is a great way to get your veggies in.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Carrot Salad >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >