- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots and shallots; cook and stir 12-15 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute longer. Add water to cover carrots; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
- Drain; cool slightly. Place carrot mixture, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Puree in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Carrot Puree
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2014
I had high hopes for this recipe, but it just didn't thrill me. It was a lot of prep work for the final result. Maybe some added spices could pep it up.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Carrot Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >