Carrot Pineapple Bread Recipe
"Carrots paired with pineapple make a moist quick bread with a slightly tropical taste that's a delectable surprise," informs Dorothy Bahlmann of Clarksville, Iowa.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil; add carrots, pineapple and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; beat into carrot mixture.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 165 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Pineapple Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC