Featuring shredded carrots and rice, this eye-catching recipe was the perfect addition to a "carrot patch" luncheon I once hosted.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a saucepan, saute carrots and onion in butter until tender. Add
- rice and stir to coat. Stir in broth and lemon-pepper; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is
- tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and reduced-sodium broth) equals 137 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.