Carrot Pancakes Recipe
When I fix this quick breakfast for overnight guests, they always ask for the recipe. Everyone enjoys the sweet carrot cake flavor and rich cream cheese topping. The pancakes are a snap to make, but you can save even more time by grating the carrots in a food processor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the milk, vanilla, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar ; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 443 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 499 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC