Carrot Pancakes Recipe
When I fix this quick breakfast for overnight guests, they always ask for the recipe. Everyone enjoys the sweet carrot cake flavor and rich cream cheese topping. The pancakes are a snap to make, but you can save even more time by grating the carrots in a food processor.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the milk, vanilla, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar ; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Pancakes in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p27
Reviews for Carrot Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
"These pancakes were so delicious! I pureed the carrots instead of shredding them and also used whole wheat flour. The cream cheese spread was amazing! I also topped these with whipped cream."