- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar, milk, carrots and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the milk, vanilla, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar ; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Pancakes in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p27
Reviews for Carrot Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
"These pancakes were so delicious! I pureed the carrots instead of shredding them and also used whole wheat flour. The cream cheese spread was amazing! I also topped these with whipped cream."