Carrot Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
"I am always looking for tasty after-school and lunch box treats for my family. These carrot-flecked cookies my mom made when I was growing up now get a thumbs-up from my children."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in carrots. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 147 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC