"I am always looking for tasty after-school and lunch box treats for my family. These carrot-flecked cookies my mom made when I was growing up now get a thumbs-up from my children."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in carrots. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Carrot Oatmeal Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p17
Reviews for Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review