- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in carrots. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"These were good cookies, but a little too soft for my taste. My family devoured them though! Luckily, the recipe makes a lot. Just not my personal taste."
"This is a very good, moist cookie. I found that they stuck together when stored in a zip lock bag at room temperature, BUT if kept in the freezer, they don't stick together and they are still soft and moist. A good solution!"
"Dont know what I did but these were not good-"
"147 calories for ONE cookie? And who eats just ONE cookie for a snack? A good majority of regular size candy bars have fewer calories than two of these cookies!"