Carrot Nut Cake
Mark and I planned to be wed on a mountain on a friend's ranch, but a snowstorm sent us to our alternate plan— a local country museum. Our friend Sandy Howe made a sheet cake using this recipe. Chock-full of nuts, pineapple and coconut, it's our favorite.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon,
- baking soda and salt; add to the sugar mixture alternately with
- eggs. Mix well. Stir in carrots, coconut, pineapple and 1/2 cup
- pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese
- Frosting. Garnish with remaining nuts. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.