Carrot Mushroom Medley
The carrots make this side dish both colorful and tasty. It's great to serve to family and friends.—Jeanie Beers, Montgomery, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables and seasonings in butter for
- 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.