Carrot Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Combine eggs, milk, soup mix, bread crumbs and carrots. Add beef and pork; mix well. Shape mixture into a circle with a 9-in. diameter; form a 3-in. hole in the center of the circle. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drain.
- 2. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over meat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. MICROWAVE METHOD: Prepare and shape loaf as above. Place on a microwave-proof platter. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 16-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, giving the dish a quarter turn every 3 minutes. Drain. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a custard cup, combine glaze ingredients. Spread half the glaze over meat loaf. Return to microwave on medium for 1 minute; remove. Cover remaining glaze with waxed paper and heat in microwave on medium for 1 minute. Serve glaze in center of meat loaf. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.