Carrot Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Combine eggs, milk, soup mix, bread crumbs and carrots. Add beef and pork; mix well. Shape mixture into a circle with a 9-in. diameter; form a 3-in. hole in the center of the circle. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drain.
- Combine glaze ingredients; spread over meat. Bake 10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- MICROWAVE METHOD: Prepare and shape loaf as above. Place on a microwave-proof platter. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 16-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, giving the dish a quarter turn every 3 minutes. Drain. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a custard cup, combine glaze ingredients. Spread half the glaze over meat loaf. Return to microwave on medium for 1 minute; remove. Cover remaining glaze with waxed paper and heat in microwave on medium for 1 minute. Serve glaze in center of meat loaf. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Carrot Meat Loaf(3)
Sort By :
The best easiest meat loaf we ever had..SUPER!
Besides tasting good, the presentation of this meatloaf is easy and good enough for guests or a special occasion. I used the mouth of a 16 oz tumbler to make the hole in the center. Also, I used 2.5 lbs of meatloaf mix - wasn't sure it would be enough but it was fine. I've tried many different meatloaf recipes, but this is one of the best! The glaze is delish too.
I made this for our Community Free lunch program and it was a real hit. I am always worried about getting veggies into people who do not usually like veggies - they loved this.
I did not use the bread crumbs - I substituted more veggies. I did not have any complaints and many asked for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >