Carrot Leek Soup Recipe
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat margarine
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute leek in margarine until tender. Add carrots, potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon to a blender or food processor. Add enough cooking liquid to cover; blend until smooth. Return to pan. Stir in milk and pepper; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 89 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat-free milk, 0 fat.
Reviews for Carrot Leek Soup
"I have been making this recipe for many years. Everyone I serve it to loves it. When I first started making it I did not puree it as I was to lazy to get food processor out-it was in a very difficult place to reach in my old kitchen. We all loved it. Then I bought an immersion blender and pureed it. It was a completely diferent soup!! It is great both ways, chunky or smooth!"
"I would saute leeks in chicken broth instead of reduced-fat margarine."