- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in
- cream; add butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until the butter
- is melted; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Cool and
- set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until well blended. Combine the
- flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with eggs, beating well after each
- addition. Stir in the carrots, raisins and nuts.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and
- vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until smooth. Spread
- filling between cake layers. Frost the sides and top of cake. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 641 calories, 41 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.