Carrot Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 21 squares)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2-1/4 cups chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place lemonade concentrate, carrots and sugar in a food processor or blender; cover and process until carrots are finely chopped and mixture is blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in ice cream until well blended. Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 355 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Ice Cream Pie
"I have made this several times. it tastes like the orange crèmesicles I used to have when I was young."
"i couldn't eat it...but i'd like too!!!lol"