Carrot Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 21 squares)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2-1/4 cups chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, place lemonade concentrate, carrots and sugar in a food processor or blender; cover and process until carrots are finely chopped and mixture is blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in ice cream until well blended. Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 355 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Ice Cream Pie
"I have made this several times. it tastes like the orange crèmesicles I used to have when I was young."
"i couldn't eat it...but i'd like too!!!lol"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.