This refreshing dessert tastes a little bit like orange sherbet. I make several pies at a time and keep them on hand in the freezer. My guests are always surprised to learn they're eating carrots!—Bethel Anderson, St. James, Minnesota
Recommended: 32 Fabulous Easter Desserts
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 21 squares)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2-1/4 cups chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lemonade concentrate, carrots and sugar in a food processor or blender; cover and process until carrots are finely chopped and mixture is blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in ice cream until well blended. Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Carrot Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2013
"I have made this several times. it tastes like the orange crèmesicles I used to have when I was young."
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2011
"i couldn't eat it...but i'd like too!!!lol"