Carrot Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 21 squares)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2-1/4 cups chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lemonade concentrate, carrots and sugar in a food processor or blender; cover and process until carrots are finely chopped and mixture is blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in ice cream until well blended. Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Carrot Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2013
I have made this several times. it tastes like the orange crèmesicles I used to have when I was young.
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2011
i couldn't eat it...but i'd like too!!!lol
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Graham Cracker Crust Pies >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >