- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 2 to 3 pieces pull-apart green apple licorice
- Finely crush half of the cookies; coarsely crush the remaining cookies.
- In a large bowl, beat ice cream, whipped topping and finely crushed cookies until blended. Spread into an 8-in. square dish; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Freeze until firm.
- Tint frosting orange; pipe carrot tops in rows over dessert. Cut green apple licorice into 1-in. pieces; separate strands, leaving one end intact. Place on carrots to form stems. Yield: 12 servings
Reviews for Carrot Garden Ice Cream Dessert
"Saw this recipe and just had to make it for our granddaughter and her two boys while they're here visiting. Everybody chipped in with the crushing, blending and decorating. This is quick, easy and fun from the first crushed cookie to the very last bite! K&J in LV"