- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 2 to 3 pieces pull-apart green apple licorice
- Finely crush half of the cookies; coarsely crush the remaining cookies.
- In a large bowl, beat ice cream, whipped topping and finely crushed cookies until blended. Spread into an 8-in. square dish; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Freeze until firm.
- Tint frosting orange; pipe carrot tops in rows over dessert. Cut green apple licorice into 1-in. pieces; separate strands, leaving one end intact. Place on carrots to form stems. Yield: 12 servings
Originally published as Carrot Garden Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p10
Reviews for Carrot Garden Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 2, 2017
"This did remind me of the dirt that I use to make for my kids. They still ask for that. This is a frozen alternative to that. I didn't have time for the carrot decoration, which was fine. I will be making this again and again. So easy!"