Crispy and mild-flavored, this fun finger food always gets snatched up quickly. If there are any leftovers, they reheat well for a snack the next day.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Whisk the
- eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in carrots.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop
- batter by 2 tablespoonfuls into hot oil; press lightly to flatten.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on
- paper towels. Yield: 20 fritters.
Nutritional Facts: 2 fritters equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.