- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pineapple, carrots and walnuts; spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix; drizzle with butter.
- Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Dump Cake
"I had the chance to make this cake today! I used the recipe as it was presented. I left the pineapple undrained. Thank you, Bonnie, for sharing this simple and delicious recipe!"
"Delicious and so quick and easy. I used a whole large can of crushed pineapple and was glad I did as I thought it needed the extra moisture. I will definitely be making it again and the only change I will make is to cook the shredded carrots in the microwave first as they were still a little crunchy when everything else was done. Didn't make it any less delicious, just a texture issue for us. I served it topped with vanilla bean ice cream to company and we all enjoyed it immensely."
"Made this the other night and it was great! Added more pineapple than the recipe called for just because I was using up some leftover crushed pineapple. Super simple and delicious and smelled heavenly. Will make again."