Carrot Dip Recipe
This creamy appetizer, fresh from Raegan Dexter of Union Grove, Wisconsin, features nothing but great flavor. "you don't have to be a carrot fan to enjoy it," she notes. "I like it even more, because it is so easy to fix.!"
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small firm head iceberg lettuce, optional
- Fresh vegetables or Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the carrots, onions, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- To make a lettuce serving bowl, hollow out the head of lettuce, keeping the core at the bottom intact and removing enough interior leaves so that a 1-in. shell remains. Add dip; serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Carrot Dip in Country Woman March/April 1996, p10
Reviews for Carrot Dip(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010
It was delicious! I should have doubled the recipe. I didn't know how to finely shred the carrots, so I bought a bag of shoestring carrots & snipped them into tiny pieces This probably took longer, but it did fine in a pinch.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >