- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- CHUNKY FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, allspice and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in the coconut, pecans and raisins. Frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Carrot Cupcakes
"These were excellent! I used fresh carrots right out of our garden, but used a different frosting recipe. The cake had a great texture and was very moist."
"Made these to take to a tea and added just a decorative cream cheese icing "star" on the top of them- I made mine into mini muffins. This is a great recipe- I omitted the raisins."
"OMG....I don't like carrot cake but it's my husbands favorite so I made these for him last night. I followed the directions as written but omitted the all spice and raisins and I must say these cupcakes taste GREAT!!! My daughter even likes them and she hates carrots. I will be adding this to my recipe collection."
"QUESTIONI live in Ct and my boyfriend just moved to La, is it possible for me to overnight these cupcakes to him if I wrap them tightly without frosting them? My biggest concern would be the best part, the cream cheese frosting.! Can that be mailed and still stay safe to eat in 24 hrs of shipping ?"
"Can the recipe be made as a cake?"
"I'd prepared this recipe and adjusted the recipe as follows:: I used: 1/2 brown sugar, packed & 1/2 granulated sugar. (1 cup of each type of sugar) For shortening, I'd used 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 tsp. of baking powder and baking soda, 1 tsp. salt. I recall omitting the allspice! I did use 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts for this recipe and used a 350o F. oven. I have a carrot cake recipe which is quite similar to this one, so that is why I'd made the adjustments on this recipe to suit my tastes! I believe I'd prepared the icing for these cupcakes! This recipe IS a great one to use! I believe I'd prepared the icing called for in this recipe! I would definitely use this recipe again if preparing carrot cupcakes! Thank you, Doreen Kelly, for sharing this recipe with Tate of Home! delowenstein"
"Great recipe! Fairly easy to make, and the results were amazing! I didn't have all spice handy so skipped it. I also reduced the amount of sugar in the frosting. My family loved it :)"
"made these this morning left out the rasinsthere are wonderful thank you so much for this"
"is there any other kind of frosting?"