- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another
- bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in the carrots, pineapple and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- smooth. Beat in the chocolate, cream and extracts. Gradually beat in
- confectioners' sugar until smooth. Pipe or spread over cupcakes,
- garnish with walnuts is desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 458 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.