For a change-of-pace snack with a boost of nutrition from carrots, try this spread. "Our favorite way to use it is on vegetable sandwiches," says Rebecca Walz of Madison, South Dakota.
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 small carrots, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Breadsticks, miniature bagels or assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in carrots, onion and salt. Serve with breadsticks, bagels or crackers. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Carrot Cream Cheese Spread in Country Woman May/June 2000, p43
Reviews for Carrot Cream Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review