Carrot Cookie Bites Recipe
“This recipe is a longtime family favorite. The cookies are soft and delicious, and the aroma while baking…absolutely irresistible! I'm always being asked for the recipe.” Jeanie Petrik - Greensburg, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:84 servings
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, carrots, and pecans.
- 2. To freeze cookie dough, drop desired amount of dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls into a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. Drop remaining cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. To use frozen cookie dough: Place frozen dough balls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 cookie equals 50 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC