- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, carrots, and pecans.
- To freeze cookie dough, drop desired amount of dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer frozen cookie dough balls into a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Drop remaining cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To use frozen cookie dough: Place frozen dough balls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Carrot Cookie Bites
Sort By :
"I added raisins. I felt they were good and will try again but will add more carrots, spices and nuts"
"These cookies were very dry and tasteless. I will not be making them again. I only made 1 batch and had to toss the rest out! Ick!"
"Am I missing something in this recipe? I made them and had to toss the first baked batch. Did this recipe call for SHORTENING or cooking oil? I used shortening (Crisco) and made the cookies as instructed. My 2nd batch, I had to add OIL, more brown sugar and more seasonings. They were pretty tasteless and unless I read the recipe wrong, will not try these again."
"These are so good!! I replaced the nuts for equal amount of raisins and they turned out great. I had an idea of drizzling them with cream cheese glaze, but then I wondered why should I mess with a good thing?"
"Great recipe! I would make small changes for my own personal tastes, but I think we all do that with recipes lol Thank you for posting it!! This one is going in the recipe holder! :)"