Carrot Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except the cheese. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings (10 cups).
1 cup: 130 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Carrot Chowder
"Love Love Love this recipie! I like to make with left over beef roast instead and to save time you can use frozen shredded carrots from the store."
"I found this recipe in a TOH Halloween book. I have been making it for years and find that it is always easy, delicious and perfect for a cool autumn day. I made it just as is and will continue to keep it in my homemade soup collection."