Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, then milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, oats, carrots and raisins.
- 2. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7 dozen.
4 each: 197 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies
"we followed it exactly as said and my two boys love them 1 and 2)"
"At 197 calories for 4 (!) cookies, I use these as a snack on the South Beach Diet Phase III. I substitute Hershey's Special Dark chips for the chocolate. These are yummy, soft and full of healthy ingredients."