Carrot Cheesecake Muffins Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and peel until blended; set aside. In another small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and orange juice; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups with 2 tablespoons batter. Top each with 2 teaspoons filling; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 259 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Cheesecake Muffins
"These were so moist and delicious! Next time I will try adding nuts! As for the layers coming out I followed someone's else advice and put the cream cheese mixture in the fridge/freezer to harden up a bit before adding to muffin pan and they turned out with a nice middle layer! Very addictive!"
"It's just hard to put the filling in... it turn out to become a layer just like the other reviews said. Flavor-wise, it turned out good."
"I made this for a brunch and the results were wonderful. Not a crumb left. So yummy,moist, and filling."
"add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple for added moisture."