Carrot Cheesecake Muffins Recipe
With a rich cream cheese filling and flecks of carrots, raisins and nuts, these moist muffins will certainly bring compliments to the cook.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and peel until blended; set aside. In another small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and orange juice; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in the carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups with 2 tablespoons batter. Top each with 2 teaspoons filling; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 259 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC