Carrot Cheese Soup Recipe
I THOUGHT this sounded like a compatible mix of ingredients when I read the recipe for the first time - and it is delicious. It's a pretty color and makes a hearty soup to serve during the winter months. -Terese Snyder, Marquette, Michigan
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add carrot, onions and ham; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, parsley, pepper and hot pepper sauce; heat until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 244 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,286 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC