Carrot Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add carrot, onions and ham; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, parsley, pepper and hot pepper sauce; heat until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 244 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1286mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Carrot Cheese Soup
"I made this for lunch and my husband and father-in-law loved it! :) thanks for a great recipe"