I THOUGHT this sounded like a compatible mix of ingredients when I read the recipe for the first time - and it is delicious. It's a pretty color and makes a hearty soup to serve during the winter months. -Terese Snyder, Marquette, Michigan
Recommended: Top 10 Comfort Food Recipes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter; stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add carrot, onions and ham; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, parsley, pepper and hot pepper sauce; heat until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Carrot Cheese Soup in Reminisce January/February 1999, p49
Reviews for Carrot Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2010
"I made this for lunch and my husband and father-in-law loved it! :) thanks for a great recipe"