Whenever I make this dish, people rave about how good it is. One friend told me, "I don't usually eat carrots, but this is delicious!" That made my day.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 3
- tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soup, salt, pepper and
- cheddar cheese.
- Drain carrots; add to the onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Melt remaining butter;
- drizzle over croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25
- minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 154 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.