"SOME of us grandchildren didn't like cooked carrots, but we all dug into this Carrot Casserole. Maybe that was because is tastes more like a stuffing than a vegetable dish. Whatever the reason, we kids forgot we were eating carrots whenever we enjoyed this casserole."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups cubed day-old bread
- In a saucepan, cover carrots with water and cook until very tender.
- Drain and mash. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add onion, celery,
- parsley, butter and salt. Stir in carrots. Add bread cubes and mix
- Pour into greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30-40 minutes or until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
If Cooking for Two: Freeze serving-size portions in airtight containers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 235 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.